The Uranium is committed to
- Promoting the quality of science education in secondary schools of Orissa. Students of both Oriya and English medium (ICSE and CBSE streams) and their teachers are the beneficiaries of the society.
- Motivating the students in the secondary level schools to take up science subjects in higher classes and take up research and teaching as career in future.
- Training, coaching and motivating the science teachers in secondary level with advance methods and concepts of science with experimental demonstration.
- Promoting competitiveness and self confidence among secondary level students of our state for succeeding in national and international level competitions in science subjects.
- Haunting science talents of our state having gifted scientific acumen and brilliance and guiding them in their secondary career for laying a solid foundation and infrastructure in science subjects in school level.
- Extending financial support to talented students of our state coming from economically backward parents by way of awarding scholarships to pursue higher studies.
To achieve these objectives The Uranium
- Conducts state wide science talent search examination (Uranium Talent Search Examination-UTSE) every year for secondary school students.
- Conducts orientation-cum-selection camps for the science talents for motivation, concept and confidence building.
- Conducts orientation-cum-refresher courses for secondary level science teachers in different parts of the state to motivate them with modern concepts in science subjects and teaching.
The primary focus of The Uranium is to
- Popularise chemical science (Chemistry) among science subjects in secondary level although physics courses are included in all the programs.
The future planning of The Uranium is to
- Bring in Life Science to the fold of all Uranium activities.
- ENGLISH MEDIUM: Due to ban of school activities in day time by government, non-availability of resource persons in the vacation and extreme hot and humid weather conditions in April and May, the 2-Day Camp for class VIII and IX pass-out candidates and the prize giving ceremony for class VII pass-out candidates have been cancelled for this session. However trophies and merit certificates of top 20 of each class(Refer UTSE-EM page) along with the merit certificates of other candidates qualified in UTSE-2014 will be sent to the respective schools for distribution in July 2014. Inconvenience is deeply regretted.
- ODIA MEDIUM: Results of Final Level UTSE-2014 held on 13.4.2014 declared (Refer UTSE-Odia Medium page for details)