UTSE 2022 GUIDELINES
Uranium Talent Search Examination
(For Classes VII, VIII and IX of both ଓଡିଆ & English medium Schools)
(WhatsApp and Call: 8018346909,
1st Level Examination Date and Time: 06.02.2020(Sunday) : 2.00 PM – 3.00 PM
Mode of Examination : Online with an Android based Smart phone through The Uranium App
Question Pattern: MCQ , ଓଡିଆରେ ପ୍ରଶ୍ନ ଓଡିଆ ମାଧ୍ୟମ ପାଇଁ & questions in English for English medium schools in Chemistry(ରସାୟନ ବିଜ୍ଞାନ), Physics(ପଦାର୍ଥ ବିଜ୍ଞାନ) and Life Science(ଜୀବ ବିଜ୍ଞାନ), with more contribution from Physical Sciences(ଭୌତିକ ବିଜ୍ଞାନ). Number of Questions- (Time-1 hour) (Please see later for detailed syllabus)
Questions will be set from: ଓଡିଆ ବିଜ୍ଞାନ ବହି(ଓଡିଆ ସ୍କୁଲ) & NCERT book for English medium schools. Many questions will be thought provoking and twisted.
How to apply ONLINE for the test(sign-up procedure):
The applicants have to sign up(register) online by visiting to our website (www.theuranium.in) in the UTSE-2022 page, using the appropriate class and medium (Odia or English) and then filling the data and paying the examination fee online.
Examination Fee: Rs.100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
An unique email ID is required for each sign-up. Existing students of UTSE(Old batch students) can also sign-up with same email ID. On each sign-up, the candidate will receive an email from UTSE Board (email@example.com) mentioning the password to access the online test site using their registered email ID. Old students will be asked to use same old passwords as before. The emails will be mostly found in the PROMOTION folder of the INBOX. In case a candidate forgets his/her password, he/she can change it by clicking “Forget Password” link.
(Meritorious students belonging to economically backward category can send their details to us with recommendation from their Headmaster/Principals for a free sign-up from our side)
Online Test Process Details:
- Each signed-up candidate will be instructed to download our Examination APP from Play Store (in mobiles) in the title “The Uranium”. Examination site can only be accessed through our APP using the candidate’s registered email ID and password provided after sign-up. The candidates have to verify this by logging in to the site well in advance. In case of any difficulty in logging in, candidates can contact us for support.
- On the day and time of examination (6th Feb. 2021 at 2PM), the candidates have to log-in at least 5 minutes before 2.00 PM. The test will be active exactly at 2.00 PM, after which the candidates have to start answering by way of clicking the appropriate choices.
- Online Examination system is smart and any kind of cheating can be detected and appropriate action will be taken against the candidate. All rights are reserved with The Uranium for disqualifying any student if found indulging in cheating.
- If the candidate exits the screen while appearing the test, the paper will be auto-submitted and the candidate will be debarred from appearing the test further. Therefore, the candidate is strictly advised to keep the mobile in DND (‘Do Not Disturb’) mode while appearing the test, failing which he/she has high chance of losing the test and UTSE board will not be held responsible for such act.
- The Uranium will not be held responsible if the candidate cannot appear the test due to non-availability of stable internet during the examination period or due to exiting of screen, or indulging in any kind of cheating or the like. The examination fee is non-refundable.
- A Mock Test will be arranged on 30th Jan 2022 at 2 PM consisting of 10 questions, for acquainting with the online examination procedure with us. However, appearing the mock test is not compulsory for all registered candidates.
Publication of results:
The scores of examinees can be seen after the submission of the online examination paper. However the comprehensive results with rank list and list of students qualified in the test (eligible for merit certificates) will be published by 28th February 2022.
Merit Certificates: Authentic Certificates with QR codes can be downloaded by the qualified candidates with percentile and grades (if any) after the publication of results (28th February 2022)
FREE Online Advanced Level Motivational Camp:
Free Online Camps for top 100 students of class VII, VIII and IX will be made in summer vacations (June 1st /2nd Week) in Chemistry and Physics to make them eligible for the 2nd and 3rd level tests in the next academic year(class VIII, IX and X respectively), to be held during July and September 2022. The online camps will give a motivation and confidence for the IIT(advanced level), KVPY, NISER, IISER, Medical Entrance examinations well in advance. Online camps will be organized separately for selected Odia and English medium students.
IIT(Advanced Level)/ KVPY/NISER/IISER//AIIMS/NEET based integrated guidance in Chemistry after class X exam:
Class XI and XII
There will be no UTSE and no summer camp for class X students. However, highly hard-working and brilliant students having the capacity to secure a good rank (within AIR 5000) in IIT(advanced) can take ONLINE integrated CBSE/+2-cum-IIT(advanced level) guidance/coaching in Chemistry starting from the day following the end of class X board exams for both Odia and English medium schools from Dr. S.S.Tripathy, PhD. DSc, President, UTSE, Board and formerly senior Reader in Chemistry, Ravenshaw College(University), Cuttack. Students having the mental faculty of cracking IIT(advanced) in a higher rank but preparing for other entrance exams like KVPY/NISER/IISER/AIIMS/NEET can also join in this coaching/guidance program, if seats remain vacant. 20 meritorious students will be selected for this batch through 3 levels of online tests from Class-X aspirants. Students from economically challenged family background eligible for this program will be given free coaching. For details please contact www.sstchem.com.
English Medium: (NCERT Science book)
- Nutrition in Plants (Chapter 1)
- Nutrition in Animals (Chapter 2)
- Respiration in Organisms (Chapter 10)
- Reproduction in Plants(Chapter 12)
- Weather, Climate and Adaptation of Animals to Climate(Chatper 7)
- Acids, Bases and Salts (Chapter 5)
- Physical and Chemical Changes (Chapter 6)
- Fibre and Fabric(Chapter 3)
- Winds, Storms and Cyclones (Chapter 9)
- Heat (Chapter 4)
- Motion and Time (Chapter 13)
- Electric Current and its Effects(Chapter 14)
- Light (Chapter 15)
ଓଡିଆ ମାଧ୍ୟମ (୭ ମ ଶ୍ରେଣୀ) (ଓଡ଼ିଶା ସରକାରଙ୍କ ବିଜ୍ଞାନ ବହି )
୧. ପୋଷଣ (୫ ମ ଅଧ୍ୟାୟ)
୨. ଜୀବନ ପାଇଁ ଶ୍ଵାସକ୍ରିୟା – ପ୍ରାଣୀ ଓ ଉଦ୍ଭିଦରେ ଶ୍ଵସନ (୯ ମ ଅଧ୍ୟାୟ)
୩. ଉଦ୍ଭିଦର ବଂଶ ବିସ୍ତାର (୧୦ ମ ଅଧ୍ୟାୟ)
୪. ପାଣିପାଗ, ଜଳବାୟୁ ଓ ଉପଯୋଜନ (୭ ମ ଅଧ୍ୟାୟ)
୫. ଭୌତିକ ଓ ରାସାୟନିକ ପରିବର୍ତ୍ତନ (୨ୟ ଅଧ୍ୟାୟ)
୬. ଅମ୍ଳ, କ୍ଷାରକ ଓ ଲବଣ
୭. ତନ୍ତୁରୁ ବସ୍ତ୍ର (୪ ର୍ଥ ଅଧ୍ୟାୟ)
୮. କେତୋଟି ପ୍ରାକୃତିକ ଘଟଣା (୧୩ ଶ ଅଧ୍ୟାୟ)
୯. ତାପ ଓ ତାପ ସଞ୍ଚରଣ (୬ ଠ ଅଧ୍ୟାୟ)
୧୦. ଗତି ଓ ସମୟ (୧୧ ଶ ଅଧ୍ୟାୟ)
୧୧. ବିଦ୍ୟୁତ ସ୍ରୋତ (୧୨ ଶ ଅଧ୍ୟାୟ)
୧୨. ଆଲୋକ (୧୪ ଶ ଅଧ୍ୟାୟ)
English Medium: (NCERT Science Book)
Chapters 2 – 16, Chapter-18
(Chapters 1 and 17 are excluded)
ଓଡିଆ ମାଧ୍ୟମ (୮ ମ ଶ୍ରେଣୀ) (ଓଡ଼ିଶା ସରକାରଙ୍କ ବିଜ୍ଞାନ ବାହି )
୨ ୟ ଅଧ୍ୟାୟରୁ ୧୬ ଶ ଅଧ୍ୟାୟ ଓ ୧୮ ଶ ଅଧ୍ୟାୟ
( ୧ ମ ଓ ୧୭ ଶ ଅଧ୍ୟାୟ ବ୍ୟତିତ)
(30% of questions will be set from the topics of class VII (7) science book)
(30% ପ୍ରଶ୍ନ ୭ ମ ଶ୍ରେଣୀ ବିଜ୍ଞାନ ବହିର ବିଷୟ ମାନଙ୍କରୁ ପଡିବ)
English Medium: (NCERT Science book)
Matter in our surroundings (Chapter-1)
- Is matter around us pure ? (Chapter-2)
- Atoms and Molecules (Chpater-3)
- Structure of atom (Chapter-4)
- Motion (Chapter-8)
- Force and Laws of Motion (Chpater 9)
- Gravitation (Chapter 10)
- Fundamental Unit of Life(Chapter- 5)
- Tissues (Chapter 6)
- Diversity in Living Organisms.
ଓଡିଆ ମାଧ୍ୟମ (9 ମ ଶ୍ରେଣୀ) (ମାଧ୍ୟମିକ ଶିକ୍ଷା ପରିଷଦ ବିଜ୍ଞାନ ବାହି)
ଭୌତିକ ବିଜ୍ଞାନ : ଅଧ୍ୟାୟ ୧, ୨, ୩, ୪, ୫, ୬, ୭
ଜୀବ ବିଜ୍ଞାନ ବାହି : ଅଧ୍ୟାୟ ୧, ୨ ଓ ୩
Headmasters/Principals/Science Teachers to note:
Headmasters/Principals/Science teachers of both high schools and elementary schools having upper primary levels are requested to encourage their students to appear UTSE-2022 in large numbers. An incentive honours of Rs. 7/- per candidate recommended to appear UTSE-2022 will be awarded to such teachers. In such case, the teacher has to send us (firstname.lastname@example.org / WhatsApp 8018346909) the list of students with their classes whom they have recommended to apply for the test, along with their account number and ISF code of bank for transfer of the incentive honours, after 6th February 2022.
(WhatsApp and Call: 8018346909,